We are eagerly awaiting the moment when we can gather together again under one roof to encounter Jesus, know his love and live his plan. During these times of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we know that there are some concerns involved with this. We have created an extensive five-step safety plan which will be implemented leading up to our physical return. Below are the steps we have put into place to ensure your safety while visiting Canvas Church upon reopening.
- Cleaning Crew: We have created a cleaning crew solely designated to sanitize and disinfect the church campus during this time. This crew will disinfect all surfaces, door handles chairs, etc. in the multiple sanctuaries before and after each service.
- Bathroom Attendants: Both the Men and Women restrooms will have a designated bathroom attendant standing outside to help the flow of traffic and avoid gathering due to lines. There will also be a cleaning crew member for each restroom to clean and disinfect the facility periodically during services and after each service.
- Safety Station: Throughout the campus, there will be safety stations setup where an attendant will be distributing items such as hand sanitizer, face masks and gloves if you need them. Additionally, we will have hand sanitizer stands mounted in the building.
- Multiple Sanctuaries: In order to adhere to the CDC’s guidelines of a 25 percent capacity or 100 person gathering limit, we will be offering multiple areas around the campus to experience the church service. Service areas include; the main sanctuary, café and chapel. For the time being, each area will be designated to different audiences in order to protect high-risk members.
- Main Sanctuary: Open to anyone.
- Café: Reserved for seniors and high-risk individuals that prefer a smaller gathering. All individuals must wear masks if sitting in the café.
- Chapel: Reserved for families with small children for the “Parent and Me” kid’s classes, as daycare will not be operating for the time being.
- Phased Approach: Due to the complexity of the pandemic and the concerns people have, Canvas Church plans to physically return in phases. Below are the components to phase one.
- Phase 1. Soft Opening: We will be holding an outdoor condensed acoustic service in our courtyard. The services will take place Sunday mornings from 9 to 9:40 am starting May 31st. Parent and me classes will be offered from 9:50 – 10:10 for all of those who have kids 1 year – 5th grade (starting June 7th). During this time we will continue to have our 9am & 11am Church at Home services offered online.
- Phase 2. Adding additional gathering times: We will begin to add live on-campus youth ministry, women’s ministry and men’s ministry in buildings.
- Phase 3. Back in buildings: We will begin to return to the main service times of 9am & 11am in the main buildings. We will offer Parent and Me Kids classes in the chapel for the 11am service. We will also launch our 10am virtual campus for all of those who prefer the online experience.
- Phase 4. Offering full kids ministry: We will begin to add back in all kids ministry experiences fully staffed with Canvas Ministry Team.
If you have any questions about the five-step action plan or would like to become part of COVID-19 Return to Church Team, contact us.