I think one thing people are finding out during this covid-19 crisis is that some things they thought were secure, are really not very secure. Some people have felt that their jobs and income were secure, only to find themselves unemployed just a few days into this crisis, and without an income. Some have felt that their 401Ks were secure and they had their retirement plans all planned, only to have their 401Ks shrink as the stock market went into a tailspin.
If you are a Christ-follower, there are things you think are secure, that really are secure and no matter how many pandemics assault the earth, will not change.
- Jesus said, “I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matt. 28:20.
- God has said, “I will never fail you; I will never abandon you. Heb. 13:5 NLT
- The Psalmist said, “I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. Psa. 37:25
- Paul wrote, “My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19
- And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 2 Cor. 9:8 NLT
- The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Psa. 23:1
- Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. Psa. 34:10 NLT
There are so many stories in the Bible of how God miraculously supplied the needs of people.
- 1 Kings 17. God ordered ravens to feed Elijah; later the widow’s flour and oil were not depleted all through the famine.
- Israel was fed by manna from heaven and water from the rock.
- 2 Kings 4. The widow filled pot after pot with oil to sell with a “little oil” and sold it to sustain herself and her two sons.
- The story of Naomi and Ruth in the book of Ruth, is a wonderful example of God supplying the needs of two widows.
Psalm 20:7 says “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.” Of course, we don’t trust in horses and chariots today, but this verse is showing us that it is better to trust in the name of the Lord rather than something man-made (chariots) and physical strength and ability (horses)
Put your trust in God and watch Him do miracles for you. Share with someone how God is meeting your needs.